This comprehensive guidebook follows 8 simple steps offering effective horticultural techniques and methods which will help you establish your own low maintenance landscape.
- Which grass seed is most appropriate for our soil?
- How often and how much should I fertilize?
- How can I keep my soil and my plants healthy?
- Where do I get my soil tested? Which flowers and shrubs are best suited to my yard?
The answers to these – and many more- questions are in this simple to follow manual. Establish a low maintenance landscape – and have more time to enjoy your yard!
Click These Links for Digital Versions
- PDF file – Low Maintenance Landscaping for the Barnegat Bay Watershed
- Online Interactive Version – Low Maintenance Landscaping for Barnegat Bay Watershed
How to Get a Hard Copy
Quantities are Available FREE. See order Form: Low Maintenance Order Form
Due to high demand the District is unable to deliver the Guidebooks to individual homes.
For individual homeowners: If you would like a copy of the guidebooks mailed, please send a check in the amount of $5.00, (made payable to the Ocean Soil District) to the District office located at 714 Lacey Road Forked River NJ 08731. Fee is used to cover mailing costs.
Available in Spanish!
Announcing: SPANISH TRANSLATION of the Low Maintenance Landscaping for the Barnegat Bay Watershed
Through the dedicated efforts of Georgian Court University student, Ms. Gisselle Meza, the Low Maintenance Landscaping for the Barnegat Bay Watershed guidebook is now available in Spanish, in electronic format.