Frequently Asked Questions

Click on the FAQs below to reveal the answers to each question.

What is the criteria for obtaining a soil erosion and sediment control certification?
Any commercial, industrial, linear projects, land grading or single lots disturbing 5,000 square feet or more and all multi lot subdivisions need to apply.
What information is needed when calling the District office?
Please have your Block, Lot and District SCD# (if applicable) ready when calling our office.
How do I schedule an inspection?
Inspection requests may either be faxed to our office at 609-971-3391 or completed on line under Forms.  Please supply your SCD#, Block, Lot, Street Address, Phone Number and Contact Person when faxing inspection requests.
How do I obtain an application and a fee schedule for a soil erosion and sediment control project?
It is available on the Forms page. Click Here to download the .pdf form.
Do I need to notify the District office when a project starts?
Yes. The District requires at least 48 hours notification before soil disturbance commences. A 48 Notice of Construction Form can be submitted online here on the District’s web site.
Where is the District located?
We are located at 714 Lacey Road, Forked River NJ 08731
What are the District's operating hours?
Office Hours: Monday through Thursday 7:00AM-4:15PM (Closed Fridays)
How many sets of plans am I required to submit for application?
The ideal submission includes one full set of plans and four copies of the soil erosion and sediment control plan.
Who does the check for the soil disturbance application get made out to?
The check should be made out to the Ocean County Soil Conservation District.
How long does it take to get a soil erosion and sediment control plan certified?
The District has 30 days from the date of the submittal to either respond in the form of a review letter  or certify the plan.
Do I need an RFA (Request for Authorization)?
The Federal Clean Water Act and rules adopted by the US Environmental Protection Agency require a permit for stormwater discharges associated with construction activities that cause one acre or more of soil disturbance, or propose greater than 1/4 acre of new impervious surface. The Stormwater Construction Permit program has switched to an online submission process for the Request for Authorization (RFA).

Applicants are now required to submit their Stormwater RFA applications and payments via the NJDEP’s website. Information, instructions and applications may be accessed at

RFA applicants will need to verify that they have a certified Soil Erosion and Sediment Control plan to complete their online RFA e-permitting process. At the time your Soil Erosion and Sediment Control Plan is certified by the Soil Conservation District, the District will provide the owner with the required SCD Certification Code and 251 Identification Code to allow filing the RFA online.