The Ocean County Soil Conservation District participates and promotes many different state-wide environmental programs in New Jersey.
Other state-wide programs the Ocean County Soil Conservation District remains involved with include:
- Project Learning Tree
- An award-winning environmental education program designed for teachers and other educators, parents, and community leaders working with youth from preschool through grade 12.
- Educators, bring the forest to your classroom with a Project Learning Tree trunk! Both formal and non-formal educators can reserve the trunk for FREE for up to 3 weeks. The trunk includes sample lessons from the Project Learning Tree curriculum guide,supplies, DVDs, and games.Please visit http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/forest/images/plt_trunk.pdf to reserve a trunk today!
- Project WET
- A special program designed to reach children, parents, educators and communities of the world with water education.
- Project WILD
- A wildlife-focused conservation education program for K-12 educators and their students.
- Alliance for New Jersey Environmental Educators (ANJEE)
- An organization of dedicated individuals who devote time, energy, and resources to facilitate the advancement of environmental education in our local, state, and global communities.
- New Jersey Farm to School Program
- Part of a national organization connecting school meals with local agriculture by purchasing directly from local farmers in a strategy that increases the profitability of farming, improves the quality of school meals, and re-creates relationships in the community among consumers and the people who grow their food.
- Please also check out New Jersey Farm to School Program’s conference: “School Garden Champions: Creating Sustainable School Gardens” held at Duke Farms in Plainsboro, NJ this year on April 3, 2013. This event is designed to help educators learn new ways to bring gardening into their classrooms.
- New Jersey Farm to School Program also hosts a Garden of the Year Contest. Please visit their page for more information about his contest, including categories and entry eligibility.