The 18th Annual Environmental Educators Roundtable celebrated the “International Year of Soils” by offering a variety of engaging workshops that allowed participants to dig a little deeper into the workings of soil. Keynote Speaker, Rob Tunstead of NRCS, shared his research that centers on mapping the soils on the bottom of the Barnegat Bay.
Presenting organizations included:
- Ocean County Parks & Recreation: “Guided Tour of the SHIP Gardens at Jakes Branch County Park” and “Shifting Sands”,
- Kateri Environmental Center: “What’s a Wetland?”,
- Cedar Hollow Consulting, Naturally!: “Touring the Pygmy Pine Forest”,
- NJ Sea Grant Consortium: “Sedimental About Beaches”, and
- NRCS: “Get to Know Your Soil”.
Participants get “Sedimental About Beaches” with NJ Sea Grant Consortium
NJ Sea Grant Consortium Rose Higgins & Diana Burich
OC Composting Display
OCSCD Improve Your Soil Health Display
Teachers in Dining Hall